Talk

Advanced search

Sleep, breastfeeding and when to move to own room!

(3 Posts)
Firstimemummy15 Sun 14-Jun-15 07:56:07

Hi there..

I have a 20 week old lg who feeds (breastfeeding) 2 hourly day and night (we have the occasional 3 hour gap but not often!). Does this seem about right for her age of maybe too frequent?! I know they are not supposed to start weaning until 6 months but does anyone else give baby rice or baby porridge and does it satisfy them for longer?

I'm also thinking about putting her in her own room, again I know they say 6 months but the slightest noise disrupts her and if I hear her stir I'm up straight away seeing to her (i do sometimes wonder if I left her whether she would settle herself but find this hard when she is right next to me!).

Do I just hang in there and wait until 6 months or do something now! Confused and tired first time mum!! X

LouLouF Sun 14-Jun-15 10:14:01

This sounds like me a few months back lol. Does she settle herself to sleep? I found that was our problem, DD was fed to sleep so that was why she kept waking every 2 hours through the night to feed to get back to sleep.x

Firstimemummy15 Sun 14-Jun-15 20:30:35

Yeah she does feed to sleep and also has a dummy - sometimes it's just that her dummy has fallen out but I think once that then happens and she stirs she is like oh I'm hungry!!! What other ways did you get you dd to sleep with out feeding? Dry occasionally my lg will fall asleep with the mobile going in her cot but this isn't often!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now