Talk

Advanced search

Wake to sleep disaster

(4 Posts)
TheMangoTree Sun 14-Jun-15 07:18:15

My DS (now 13 months) wakes between 5 and 5.30 every morning. We tried WTS a couple of months ago and there wasn't a dramatic change but certainly made things a bit more random and less habitual and he slept til 6.50 once or twice. But two weeks ago he had a bout of d and v and since he's recovered we've been been back to getting up 5.13, 5.20 etc. So last night we tried WTS again. DH walked into his room at 4.30 and DS immediately stood up in his cot and started crying. Then screaming. He didn't go back to sleep. I'm gutted!

I can't find much at all online about WTS not working though. All I find are success stories! Is it worth trying again? DH will say no way, but these constant early starts are making me stressed and giving me anxiety. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

L0gLady Sun 14-Jun-15 10:31:18

What is wake to sleep?

MustBeDueSomeBetterFeet Sun 14-Jun-15 22:02:48

hmm. my son went through an early waking phase at around this point and actually what resolved it was dropping his nap. Have you tried shortening daytime sleep?

in answer to your question though, I am sure there was another thread in the past few days about positive rrsults with WTS so have a search.

Tiggertum Sat 20-Jun-15 10:44:10

Hello

I had a WTS disaster with my eldest son ( who was an early waker and stayed one until 2 1/2 despite me trying everything. Don't think that is the usual though!). I persevered with it for 2 weeks ( was desperate and everything I read say it worked) but it never worked with him! Don't know if it was me doing it wrong, I got the timing slightly wrong or if with some sleeping personalities it just doesn't work.

You have my sympathy though as early waking is horrible. I really believe some children are just more prone to it. Now I have DC2 who is totally different sleeper - not anything I have done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now