Talk

Advanced search

Sleep Lady Shuffle: Any expeiences

(4 Posts)
rosiegal Tue 09-Jun-15 22:04:10

So I have the book and I'm on night 2 and wondered if anyone else can share their experience? DS is 8 months and I've really been reluctant to do any form of sleep training before but sleep deprivation is getting the better of me. I thought this might be a 'gentler' way of doing things but after 2 nights I'm just not sure because there's been a lot of wailing. It's killing me because I've always felt I couldn't do CIO or CC. He still BF a few times a night but for now I'm concentrating on him getting himself to sleep rather than being fed/rocked.
So my question is... will it get better? will the crying reduce? Is it worth it?

jessplussomeonenew Wed 10-Jun-15 07:42:04

I've read about it but not tried it as it didn't sound gentle to me. If you want gentle sleep tips try the no-cry sleep solution or Sarah ockwell-smith's good sleep guide - they do work though they are slower because they go at the baby's own pace rather than a day by day schedule and don't rely on the baby giving up on getting the comfort they want.

FATEdestiny Wed 10-Jun-15 11:25:22

Can I ask what is the basics of the Sleep Lady Shuffle?

I've never heard of it before.

rosiegal Wed 10-Jun-15 21:19:15

We're on night 3 and things are improving although he's still waking every 2 hours. jessplus I've heard about the no cry but not the other one so I will look into it thanks. I have actually adapted the book a bit to suit my DS and while there were still some tears tonight we seem to be moving in the right direction.
fate it's sort of a gradual retreat, you spend 3 nights at the side of the cot while baby falls asleep and gradually over 2 weeks move further away until eventually you're out of the room. The first night DS just stood in the cot shouting at me. You can shush and pat them a bit but not too much as the idea is they learn to fall asleep on their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now