I could cry. My dd needs help and I don't know who to go to

(12 Posts)
BreadmakerFan Mon 08-Jun-15 07:53:51

DD is 11 and has struggled to sleep for years. Last night she had two hours but I only know that because I went to check she was ready at 7:15 and she had gone back to sleep after I'd looked in on her at 6:40. She's gone to school with no food and barely a sip of water. She rarely can eat this early but I was under the impression she was eating something.

We see a private physio as she has hyper mobility and nothing has worked that she has suggested to help my DD sleep. I am phoning the doctors today as the physio has suggested I get her B12 levels checked.

I'm feeling worried, she won't be giving me a second thought but it is affecting her health and I'm Concerned.

Any advice would be helpful. My DD also has other issues which are adding to the ineffectuality of things supposed to help sleep come.

BreadmakerFan Mon 08-Jun-15 12:30:15

I've managed to get an appointment and will also ask for her magnesium levels to be checked.

Rtfairy Mon 08-Jun-15 20:19:20

Sorry can't give you any advice but hope you manage to get some help and support at your appointment.

RandomMess Mon 08-Jun-15 20:21:56

Does she have a consultant for her issues? I would be asking for a prescription of melatonin from the hospital tbh. That is the natural chemical we produce to help our bodies go to sleep.

BreadmakerFan Mon 08-Jun-15 21:18:16

The doctor was great. Blood tests authorised and he is referring her to the hospital. Nothing was said about melatonin. There is something else we need to sort first. I feel a bit eek that he has referred her and I was right again that she needed some checks done. She hates any fuss but this has come from her. Poor thing must be really feeling bad to want medical help.

RandomMess Mon 08-Jun-15 21:33:22

Melatonin would only be prescribed by hospital not a gp and it seems there are other issues that need resolving first.

Hope you get to the route cause asap and your dd starts to feel better soon.

BreadmakerFan Mon 08-Jun-15 21:48:13

He said he didn't want to,prescribe sleeping tablets and I agreed. No way. She's 11 and she has problems circulatory so no point. Melatonin sounds less scary but still a bit worrying. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll definitely research and ask about it.

RandomMess Mon 08-Jun-15 21:55:53

It's available over the counter in most countries and you take it to help counter act jet lag. Def far less scary then any sort of sleeping tablet!!!

BreadmakerFan Tue 09-Jun-15 17:05:32

I'd be very nervous without proper checks as DD has internal issues and I'm wary of what I put in her. I will definitely ask about it, RandomMess, and thank you.

BreadmakerFan Tue 09-Jun-15 17:05:54

I'm hoping to get her blood tests done tomorrow.

RandomMess Tue 09-Jun-15 17:33:53

I didn't mean give it without it being prescribed smile hope you get the results back early.

BreadmakerFan Tue 09-Jun-15 18:12:53

It usually takes a week to be them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now