(6 Posts)
Lonelylass1218 Fri 05-Jun-15 08:14:58

Lo is 8 months almost and feed at :

8:30 bottle then breakfast at 9:00

12:00 bottle then lunch at 13:00

15:30 small bottle then dinner at 16:30

18:30 big 8/9 oz bottle then beds.
X
We had been having some troubles with settling to sleep for a few weeks which has resolved itself some resettling needed a few times at night. My question is Lo wakes ready for the day at 6am do I need to just suck it up or would feeding at 6am and settling back to sleep work and then giving water with breakfast instead?

FATEdestiny Fri 05-Jun-15 12:03:30

Yes, certainly worth a try I would say. It rather depends on if baby is waking up at 6am and wanting milk?

Four bottles a day at 8 months is rather a lot, but that is all relative and depends on the amount of solids LO is having and the amount of milk in each bottle.

Lonelylass1218 Fri 05-Jun-15 12:24:30

Yes four bottles is a lot but the are small bottles the morning and lunch are 5oz and the afternoon one is 4oz so altogether Lo has 22/23 oz I have tried to get her to take larger bottles and cut on out but this doesn't work so I am happy to leav it as it is. When Lo wakes at 6am doesn't have a bottle until 8/8:39 and is happy to wait until then so I do not think she is hungry. Il give it a go but I think I may just need to get used to this shock

Needsweetstosurvive Fri 05-Jun-15 18:18:39

I would say that is a normal time to wake up. My lo is 14mo and is asleep by 19.00 and gets up for the day between 06.00 and 06.30. Still wakes up once or twice in the night but settles easily unless teething. I think after 2yrs old they start to sleep later as naps decrease.

Lonelylass1218 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:29:06

Thanks, I have tried a slightly later bed time to night by about 30 mins as I let Lo have a nap at 5pm which I normally try to stop and keep her awake. Worth a try, I don't mind the early morning but would be great if she would sleep until even 7/7:39

Lilirose2008 Mon 08-Jun-15 10:19:36

I was wondering about early mornings. My LO is 7 months, he goes to bed at 7pm and wakes just after 5am, he plays for 20 mins or so before needing me. He has a 5oz bottle and then will go back down around 6am for 30mins to 1 hr.
I'm wondering if it's becoming a habit or if he will eventually make it closer to 6/6:30. His room is darkish he has blinds and blackout curtains, so I'm not sure the lighter mornings are waking him up.
He naps around 9/9:30 for 1 1/2 hrs then again around 1:30/2 for 1 1/2 hrs, maybe too much sleep during the day?
I've read that if they go down to early for their first nap that influences their wake up time the next morning but it didn't explain why.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now