Talk

Advanced search

Is my DS sleeping too much??

(8 Posts)
Logismum14 Wed 03-Jun-15 00:14:11

My DS is 17 months and has always slept through, i know i should be thankful but he sleeps from 7pm until 11-12 and has 1-2 hours in the afternoon. I this too much or should i leave him be?

roofio87 Wed 03-Jun-15 08:39:48

if you leave him he sleeps 7pm until 11am or 12pm? as in 16 or 17 hours straight? if that's correct, it does not sound right. Maybe ask your gp?

Grewupinafield Wed 03-Jun-15 08:41:38

He sleeps until 11-12 after going to bed at 7? I would worry and I wouldn't let him sleep that long! I've never heard of a baby sleeping that long!! Both mine sleep through and occasionally ds1 whose 2 will sleep till 9

QuiteLikely5 Wed 03-Jun-15 08:44:15

Ring the HV today and see what she says.

Unusual. I've never heard of it!

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 03-Jun-15 08:48:36

That's way too long. 12 hours should be enough. Ring your HV.

Logismum14 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:09:22

Ive already talked to my gp and she says hes fine and is developing properly, do you think i should see someone else for a second opinion? Thank you guys

cabbageleaf Wed 03-Jun-15 12:54:00

I would make sure the room is not completely dark in the mornings, I'd let some daylight in to wake up him up gradually. I find waking up in a blacked-out room very difficult and sleep twelve hours straight, which makes me feel absolutely exhausted during the day. Otherwise, if he's developing fine and has no health problems, I don't see why this should be a problem. Some adults only need four hours sleep a night and others twelve, it's no different for babies, some need more and some less.

Logismum14 Wed 03-Jun-15 14:28:52

Cabbageleaf he doesnt use blackouts just a normal cutain, ive also spoken to HV and she says he fine at the moment but hes now got an appointment to see if its a medical issue that makes him so tired. So we will see smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now