8 month old - comforter at night?

(8 Posts)
TiredEuansMum Tue 19-May-15 21:20:36

I'm still struggling to get my DS to sleep better and wondered if anyone had had any luck with introducing a soft toy/comforter at night? I know officially they're not supposed to have anything in the cot until!they're a year old but he is strong now I can't imagine it being a problem...

RunningJumpingClimbingTrees Wed 20-May-15 11:29:54

My 8 month old has had a snuggly giraffe blanket thing for the last couple of months she is very strong and a big mover (stands up while still half asleep and sits up and crawls around when should be asleep).

i find the comforter helps her relax and to wind down so it is worth a shot (we also have a ewan the sheep who helps alot)

Hobby2014 Wed 20-May-15 11:49:09

Mine just has a blanket he can rub, hold, stroke etc.

Needsweetstosurvive Wed 20-May-15 12:08:45

My DS is 13mo and only just got interested in having a cuddly toy at night. He had to choose the hardest bulkiest one in his cot though, typical. I didn't have any luck getting him to have one before now, I had spend months trying to get him to accept a blanket thing but ultimately he never took to it, in fact he used to cry and throw it away from himself when I trued to give him it! Had to wait until he was old enough to choose for himself.

FATEdestiny Wed 20-May-15 14:00:07

I've no experience of 'introducing' a comforter (except for a dummy), but one of my children did have a comforter toy - his Ted. My DS attached himself to Ted gradually between him being about 9 months to 12 months old.

When DS moved into his own room at 9 months old, we added a selection of from-birth soft toys into the cot to make it feel more welcoming. DS chose and attached to one of these toys.

Beccus Wed 20-May-15 14:46:08

our 7 mo initially liked a muslin from about 4 months but is now more attached to an ikea owl puppet. we sort of forced the muslin on him but he chose the owl himself. dd also became attached to her teddy around 7 months

Needsweetstosurvive Wed 20-May-15 18:53:49

My DS has an owl too! It's a beanie boo called Owliver, but he just calls it owl.

basilflower Fri 22-May-15 09:32:02

I've been trying to get my 9 month old to accept some kind of comforter, no luck as yet though! I'm hoping one day he'll just choose one...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now