!4mo not sleeping well..why?!

(4 Posts)
Newfamily2014 Fri 15-May-15 20:22:32

Hello, my dd started STTN at 10months old and getting up between 0730-0745 sometimes even 0800. She started nursery 2 days a week in February and because of then having a set time to get up started to wake at 0645-0700.

During this time she has also gone from 2 to 1 nap in the day.

For the last few weeks she hasn't been sleeping well. On a good night waking once for some milk and going straight back to sleep. On a back night waking a few times with a 'sharp' cry, occasionally settling herself back to sleep other times needing milk to settle. I'm not sure why...

Is she teething?
Have I done something wrong? She sleeps in her own bed and goes to bed awake and settles herself to sleep. But could I be doing something wrong with her milk? During the 2-1 nap transition she was a bit hard to settle so I gave her milk in her bedroom before her nap and before bedtime. Is this bad? I tried to stop this a few days ago but she hated it and I gave up, gave her some milk and she went straight to sleep.

Just wondering if this will pass or I need to do something to change things...?
Thanks for any tips..

Newfamily2014 Fri 15-May-15 20:25:01

Should read 14months old!

FATEdestiny Sat 16-May-15 19:20:32

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. She was sleeping through before and is currently transitioning to one nap, so there is bound to be some settling in time while she gets used to the new routine.

I think this is just a phase and she'll get through it.

Newfamily2014 Sat 16-May-15 20:44:40

Thanks :-) Last night she slept well (we applied teething gel before she went to bed) and I hope that continues...
I also read on wonder weeks that she is in the middle to a leap and that is supposed to unsettle the child so a lot going on for her..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now