What's your routine?

(6 Posts)
StillinShockAhhhhhhh Fri 08-May-15 21:51:12

Dd is 3 months old and up until now we haven't really had a routine as such. Last week ur so we have bathed fed then put to bed. Had lights low minimal noise etc and she happily drifts off around 10pm. This is great, however she then wakes at around 3 and will not go back to sleep have tried not talking to her keeping lights low feeding and putting back in moses basket but nothing works

FATEdestiny Fri 08-May-15 22:11:26

It seems obvious, but I assume you feed as soon as she wakes? That would be the most obvious answer.

My routine at 3 months old through the daytime would be a 2 hourly EASY routine with 45 minutes sleep (ish) in every 2 hours.

E (Eat) - Start the 2 hourly structure with a full feed
A (Awake) - Play until tired signs, certainly no longer than 90 minutes from waking, more usually 60 mins from waking
S (Sleep) - We do bouncy chair and dummy for daytime sleeps. Bounce to keep baby asleep until it is 2 hours from last feed. Then stop bouncing and wait for baby to naturally wake up.
Y (You) - This is to make the acronym, it means you time while baby sleeps.

Not enough daytime sleep can be the cause of poor night time sleep.

In terms of bedtime routine, that happens at whenever the EASY routine gets to the sleep some point between 7pm and 10pm. It would be very lose at this age - sometimes bath, milk on my bed, sleepsuit on and into sleeping bag. Dummy in and into cot for the sleep this time.

StillinShockAhhhhhhh Fri 08-May-15 22:47:06

I'll got be that a try we don't have a routine during the day at the moment she's fed every 4 hours and naps when showing signs of being tired

StillinShockAhhhhhhh Fri 08-May-15 22:47:19

Give not got be

helloelo Fri 08-May-15 22:59:59

I second fate the EASY routine helped DS sleep better during the day and more at night. I don't do it rigidly though. Basically the only rule is that he eats within 15 quiet minutes of waking up and goes back to sleep no later than 90 minutes after waking up (as soon as I catch the first yawn!). Whenever he wakes up between 17:30 and 18:30 starts the bedtime routine. Eat, play, bath, massage, pyjama, story, feed to sleepish with low calm music then in his cot, thumb in mouth. Usually by 20h he's fast asleep with no tears.

he's starting to get really good at settling by himself.

helloelo Fri 08-May-15 23:02:00

Pressed enter too soon

He's 3,5mo

... Still wakes up at 11pm, 2am and 5am though sad ... But falls back asleep immediately smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now