Talk

Advanced search

7 mo previous non-cryer started having screaming fits all night - HELP!

(3 Posts)
Angelina77 Tue 17-Feb-15 10:28:48

My little boy has never been a great sleeper, usually waking 2-4 times per night since he was born but recently he was starting to get it down to once and we have established a pretty good routine. When he does wake he is usually quite easy to settle and doesn't (or didn't) cry very much.

For the last 2 nights, however, he's been waking up constantly and literally screaming with tears rolling down his face and is almost inconsolable. He eventually settles on one of us and will sleep for up to 2 hours but wakes if put down and the whole thing starts again. He's been his usual cheerful self during the day, although a bit crabbier around nap times. He hasn't got any teeth yet and there are no signs of it being teething.

I've just gone back to work 4 days per week (this is my 3rd week back) and we've had an unfortunate run of illnesses (colds and stomach bugs) so not sure if this has anything to do with it. I'm still recovering from illness and so sleep-deprived I'm really struggling to be engaged at work.

Does anyone have any advice?

hollylicious13 Tue 17-Feb-15 16:38:03

My little boy has started to do the exact same thing. I've put it down to attachment anxiety as he will only fall to sleep in our bed then has to be carried to his bed. We're going to try him in a travel cot in our room if things are no better by the weekend so he knows we're not leaving him.

Angelina77 Tue 17-Feb-15 20:28:04

Found out today he has an ear for infection so feel guilty for not realising. He's on antibiotics now so hopefully will improve within a few days.

Good luck with your boy, holly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: