Talk

Advanced search

dropping morning naps

(12 Posts)
Jeffery Sun 15-Feb-15 07:21:45

Dd is a great sleeper but has 2 naps on the 4 days she spends with me but only one in the afternoon she spends at nursery.

She's 12 months. When did your babies start having one nap? How did it happen?
I wish I could remember when and how she stopped having her 3rd nap!

Jeffery Sun 15-Feb-15 07:22:45

*afternoons ... she goes to nursery 3 days.

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Sun 15-Feb-15 07:23:52

My DF is 18 months and still has 2 naps. I'm dreading her dropping one of them!

FuckYouChrisAndThatHorse Sun 15-Feb-15 07:24:09

Dd not DF hmm

nottheOP Sun 15-Feb-15 07:29:18

Ds was on 2 naps until around 16/7 months. He'd have one at nursery and fall asleep on the way home until we moved house and the routine changed. We then just followed the nursery routine of early lunch at midday and a nap straight after. Bedtime got bought forward a little for a while too.

Jeffery Sun 15-Feb-15 07:39:35

She just refuses to do a morning nap at nursery.
I love the morning nap as it means I can get showered and dressed!
I guess I will play it by ear... she's napping fine for me and sleeping through the night so I can't moan really.

Bambamb Sun 15-Feb-15 07:46:26

My 15 month old DD has just switched to one lunch time nap instead of 2 naps per day.

slightlyconfused85 Sun 15-Feb-15 07:48:32

Mine went to one between 13 and 14 months. I would hang on if I were you if she settles for both naps and sleeps through. I only stopped my dds because a morning nap meant no afternoon one and then a very shouty bedtime!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 15-Feb-15 07:57:45

DD dropped her morning nap at 13-14 months. She was getting difficult to put down in the afternoon and resisting the second nap so I just pushed her morning nap back until after lunch. A couple of grumpy days where she needed entertaining in the morning then she was fine.

I think it's quite normal for them to sleep more on the non nursery days though as nursery wears them out! Also they're less likely to nap at nursery as there's so much going on. If she still needs 2 naps on the days she's with you then id keep them for the time being.

nottheOP Sun 15-Feb-15 08:09:11

We've only ever followed the nursery routine when it has worked for us. I find the time to push back the nap is when it results in early waking.

Jeffery Sun 15-Feb-15 08:18:32

Thanks all.
yes she definitely sleeps more on non nursery days... yesterday she was asleep more that awake.

SweepTheHalls Sun 15-Feb-15 08:20:22

She probably still needs it on non nursery days as nursery does really tire them out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: