Talk

Advanced search

So I've got to 7 months

(5 Posts)
CharlieandBones Sat 07-Feb-15 00:36:33

And my PFB will not sleep longer than 2 hours... Am I a bad parent? I really am not going to let him cry it out, if I go for 30 seconds he works himself up! I'm a big believer in baby led parenting but I'm not sure if I'm being a good parent at the moment? I've got the example of his cousin sleeping through the night since 11weeks!!!! My PFB is 7 months on Tuesday.... Oh babies are so hard!

Eminybob Sat 07-Feb-15 07:40:48

My DS is also nearly 7 months (will be on Thursday!) and has never slept through the night.
He did go for ages just waking once, but this morning he has had me up every hour since 2.30 sad
Are you bf? Do you feed each wake up?
I do as it's just the easiest way to get him back to sleep. I also haven't tried any sleep training and refuse to do cio or cc.

So I have no real advice for you I'm afraid, but I have found a bottle of formula at bedtime keeps him down a little longer for the first stretch than bf, so you could try that if you are EBF at the moment?

Eminybob Sat 07-Feb-15 07:41:48

My DS is also nearly 7 months (will be on Thursday!) and has never slept through the night.
He did go for ages just waking once, but this morning he has had me up every hour since 2.30 sad
Are you bf? Do you feed each wake up?
I do as it's just the easiest way to get him back to sleep. I also haven't tried any sleep training and refuse to do cio or cc.

So I have no real advice for you I'm afraid, but I have found a bottle of formula at bedtime keeps him down a little longer for the first stretch than bf, so you could try that if you are EBF at the moment?

Eminybob Sat 07-Feb-15 07:42:13

Sorry for double post, phone playing up!

Crocodileclip Sat 07-Feb-15 07:59:55

Please feel free to ignore this post as I imagine it does not go with your parenting style and everyone is entitled to do things there own way. I am very aware that there is no correct way to do anything with regard to babies.

However, my DS2 is also nearly 7 months and I have been leaving him to cry (in my case whilst I am sitting in the room). It is very hard to do, but my pfb DS1 didn't sleep through the night until he was 4 and a few nights of tears at this age is much easier than that. Now of course I have no way of knowing whether or not DS2 will end up sleeping better overall as a result of the sleep training I am doing. At the moment though it seems to be working.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: