Talk

Advanced search

When to put 3 mnt old upstairs??

(6 Posts)
kazza31 Fri 30-Jan-15 21:32:08

MY baby has just turned 3 months. He sleeps really well in his Moses basket next to my bed but as he's my first I have no idea when he should actually be going upstairs in his cot for an actual bedtime? He stays downstairs with me at the mo until i go to bed about 11 then I feed him in bed. When should he be going upstairs on his own at a certain time every night? Is 3 months too young for this? He's nearly outgrown his basket, any advice very welcome!!x

NovemberRainbow Fri 30-Jan-15 21:34:28

The SIDS guidelines recommended that they stay in the room with somebody for all sleep until the age of 6 months, so I would wait until then.

Luxme Fri 30-Jan-15 22:38:56

My also 3 month old goes to bed at 8pm but takes an hour to settle. I leave her upstairs but have a camera/sensor pad/noise baby monitor. She's also in a Cribb with mesh around the sides ��

AnythingNotEverything Fri 30-Jan-15 22:44:47

We read and read and read the guidelines, and felt that at 16 weeks she was past the higher risk period and we were low risk in every other way.

Guidelines are just that - they're not rules. They're based on evidence, some of which we don't fully understand.

Do what you feel comfortable with.

nc060 Sat 31-Jan-15 18:40:16

My health visitor told me at 12weeksto start a bedtime routine including putting to bed for night, U questioned re guidelines and she said as long as we check him regularly it's fine

nc060 Sat 31-Jan-15 18:57:23

My health visitor told me at 12weeksto start a bedtime routine including putting to bed for night, U questioned re guidelines and she said as long as we check him regularly it's fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: