Talk

Advanced search

How does your almost one year old sleep?

(10 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sun 25-Jan-15 00:22:06

?

zoemaguire Sun 25-Jan-15 00:37:04

Very badly! Up 3-4 times a night feeding for up to an hour at a time. I'm a pale shadow of myself. At least she does now do a solid two hour nap in the middle of the day- small mercies! Dd is 11mo.Her older sibs were also crap sleepers!

littleraysofsunshine Sun 25-Jan-15 21:01:29

He did 7:30-10:30 then until 4:45 the other night. First time since newborn weeks!

He roughly does 7-11 then every two hours. shock

123upthere Mon 26-Jan-15 10:40:42

Similar here - will do 7.30 or 8.30-11.30pm then 2am/4am/5am/6.30 (last night!)

I'm wondering what is changing with her, it's probably the nap schedule where she'll take a good 2 hr morning nap and will still want an hour in the afternoon. Which is great as it gives me time to do dinner and help the other 2 with homework. But not so great if it's affecting her nighttime sleep. SO I think I'll have to alter the afternoons somehow.

However she will sleep more soundly if she's beside me in my bed. Mmm. Teething is also a player too. So I'm tempted to just let her sleep with me for a few more months so we all get some proper zzzzzz whilst her teeth come through. Then I'll have to restart some sleep routine when she's a little bit more settled & older too.

Would love some tips though! It's HARD

Deduct37 Mon 26-Jan-15 12:25:13

Not great. Rubbish catnaps in the day. Usually a good chunk of slep until 5am ish then often up to start the day. The same cycle continues and we have a cranky baby who constantly looks tired

bambinibop Mon 26-Jan-15 12:28:21

My dd sleeps from 7 until about 11 or 11.30 then up for a feed then sleeps usually until about 5 or 6 am then up for morning feed then goes back to sleep until 9 am.
That's at the moment but over the last few weeks she's been doing different things and waking at random times. She has been a fairly good sleeper though generally.

We're going to try and night wean next week though as I want to stop breastfeeding...

Shedding Mon 26-Jan-15 12:29:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bambinibop Mon 26-Jan-15 12:29:48

She usually has a nap around lunchtime but not usually longer than an hour. Then a short nap late afternoon sometimes these are one long nap instead.

Shedding Mon 26-Jan-15 12:30:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnoozeForKids Thu 29-Jan-15 03:45:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: