Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried any of the sleep training methods in the no cry sleep solution??

(6 Posts)
LouLouF Tue 20-Jan-15 17:50:40

My baby is 21 weeks and for the past 6 weeks she's been waking up every 1.5/2hrs through the night! I'm breastfeeding and I know she's just comfort sucking to get back to sleep, we co-sleep (we've done this since day 1 - so much easier for bf), she's never been able to 'self soothe' as we've always rocked/fed her to sleep from day 1. It was the only way to get her to sleep as she was such a fussy baby in the evenings for the first 3/4 months! Anyway, I've managed to get her into a bedtime routine and she falls asleep so much easier now, but still by feeding her. I've tried to give her a dummy but she never takes it (although she will take it from someone when I'm out and they are looking after her!). DH can't even settle her for bed now or naps - I'm losing the will to live!!! So I know I need to do some kind of sleep training but I'm not willing to CIO so wanted to do something with the least amount of crying! Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has used the above for a similar situation and if it was any gd? Seems I'm the only one out of my friends that has experienced this, lucky me! smile
Also, should I start on naps first as they're a nightmare too, lasting around 40mins unless I hold her, or do I sort night sleep first? Thanks!

3bunnies Tue 20-Jan-15 18:00:14

I remember the finger under the chin tip made a big difference. When you think that they are sleepy but not asleep take them off the breast/ bottle but immediately put your finger under their chin, if they cry give them more feed and repeat in a few minutes. They do a little sucking motion but eventually stay asleep. That was the turning point in getting them to self settle. Can't remember much else but mine are school age now. The phase really does pass!

MaybeDoctor Tue 20-Jan-15 18:04:23

Read the pages about the 'Pantley Pull-off'.

TellmetogetonwithmyWork Tue 20-Jan-15 18:13:27

I read the book and I found it very helpful in working out what ds and i were ready for and helped me work out what would work for us. I basically sorted ds out in a week, he was 7m and weaning well and chunky so I was confident he didn't need to feed all night. I basically dragged out the feeding as long as possible by cuddling him, and within a week we had got him going a decent stretch, might have even been all night. He might have cried a bit but it wasn't as if I was leaving him to cry. It didn't work with ds2, mostly because I didn't have the energy.
Good luck

3bunnies Tue 20-Jan-15 20:22:09

That was it, the pantley pull off method always made me snigger

LouLouF Wed 21-Jan-15 15:50:16

Thanks - it's good to hear it's actually worked! I've tried the finger under the chin thing, but she turns into angry baby after a couple of goes of that smile will try and give her a comforter while feeding to sleep too for a while and see if that helps when I put her down

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: