Talk

Advanced search

How do you co sleep?

(11 Posts)
Rhymerocket Wed 14-Jan-15 07:32:45

I mean do u go to bed se time as your littleone? Do u bring him to your bed all night or let him start in his own bed? When do u and OH get "personal time" in bed? I'm interested as I have a 2 yr old who doesn't sleep.

Rhymerocket Wed 14-Jan-15 20:19:37

Anyone?

SoMuchForSubtlety Wed 14-Jan-15 20:24:03

DD (who is one and Does Not Sleep) starts out in her cot then if she's unsettled and won't sleep in her cot then we bring her into bed. We have a bed guard so I sleep in the middle of the bed with her on the bed guard side and DH on the other side. I wear a long sleeved top to bed so I don't need the duvet all the way over me, and make sure she's not too high up the bed (so away from my pillow), mostly habit from cosleeping when she was tiny.

Amethystus Wed 14-Jan-15 20:24:42

Yes I go at the same time as dd, she used to start off in her own bed but now she goes to mine straight away. Sometimes I sneak downstairs again (and leave a pillow on my side of the bed to fool her someone is there) but usually its easier for me to stay, either read my kindle or watch Netflix with the headphones in. Lp so no personal time needed.

espresso14 Wed 14-Jan-15 20:52:08

Starts in her own bed, currently comes in with us from midnight, or 2/3 am. Went through a big period where Id have to sleep next to her from 9.30pm. She's 1 now, and putting much longer stretches together.

ExitPursuedByABear Wed 14-Jan-15 20:55:26

I used to put dd to sleep in my bed and leave her there. Happy to do that but not in her own bed.

DH slept in the spare room

creamoftomato Wed 14-Jan-15 20:56:16

Ditto espresso.
We have most recently been having "personal time" in the kitchen grin

Quitelikely Wed 14-Jan-15 20:56:40

I co slept with my son by letting him sleep in his bouncer in the downstairs living room then I took him up to bed with us

Artandco Wed 14-Jan-15 20:58:02

As babies we put them to sleep in basket in living room, and took up when we did. By about 9 months we just took up and settled like usual.

But we also had the cot bed next to ours with side off. So baby in there to start with, and in night they would join us. My 3 year old still does this.

cookiefiend Wed 14-Jan-15 21:01:39

DD 15months - sleeps in our bed. We put her to aleep in our bed and get up and carry on with our evening. The cot is up against the bed as a barrier. Personal time- on the couch or living room floor. Like being a student again or something.

Rhymerocket Thu 15-Jan-15 08:11:02

Thanks for all your responses. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: