Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas on how to make this better?

(2 Posts)
imisssleepandwine Sat 10-Jan-15 12:42:02

My 17 week old DS has never really been a good sleeper but he is getting worse instead of better. Since before Christmas I've been feeding 5 or 6 times a night. It's like having a new-born again. I was exclusively breastfeeding but introduced a bottle at bed time for the last week as the cluster feeding in the evening was a killer and I thought it'd help settle him. It does help get him off to sleep but he is waking up for feeds every 2 hours.

Most of the time I can feed and settle him in about 20 minutes. but sometimes I can be up with him for over an hour!

I swaddle him, he's not too hot or cold, he uses a pacifier. I have tried bringing him into bed with me but that doesn't help. We have a very good bedtime routine. He sleeps very little during the day (2 x 45 minute naps) I feed on demand during the day we normally do about 6 / 7 feeds. He is 6.8kgs so average size for his age.

Is there anything else I can do / try?

This is my second child my DD was sleeping about 7 hours a night from 8 weeks so I'm not sure what I've done wrong this time?

Helenc19 Tue 13-Jan-15 00:03:02

You have done nothing wrong, its very normal behaviour for a 4 month old and get better with time. Theres so much brain development going on they just need food and comfort, hang in there your doing a great job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: