Talk

Advanced search

Does anything happen at 9weeks?

(3 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Sat 10-Jan-15 07:17:53

A sleep regression? Developmental leap? Growth spurt?

DS2 is 9 weeks and last few nights has been waking up more and more and last night it was every half hour at points.

DS1 woke every 1.5hrs every night of his life til I night weaned at 15mo so I never noticed any growth spurts etc as the while time felt like one massive sleep regression!

So does anything happen round 9 weeks that could account for extra wakings?

Or is he just being a baby?? grin

flipflopsonfifthavenue Sat 10-Jan-15 07:18:53

I should add that he had been sleeping in one long stretch after bedtime sometimes 4/5hrs and after that in 2hr stretches

dorasee Sat 10-Jan-15 07:28:27

As they get out of those very early weeks they wake up more...in every sense of the word. I once read that a wakeful infant has an excellent survival instinct. They want to feed, they want to thrive. None of my 3 have been sleepers. I think lots of things wake them up: a need to nurse, those early teething pains begin to kick in around two months- even if you don't see a tooth for ages, wind, tummy discomfort, digestion rumbles, and yep, just being a baby! I found the 8 week mark very hard. I believe there's a growth spurt between 6-9 weeks.

Courage to you fellow mum! I forget every time how hard and sleepless those first few months are. My youngest is now 7 months and still wakes up twice a night. I still haven't recovered from that 'up every 1.5-2 hour' cycle from those earlier weeks. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now