Talk

Advanced search

Is my 19 month old dropping naps?!?!

(6 Posts)
GothicRainbow Thu 08-Jan-15 13:20:07

I am officially in nap hell. My 19 month old DS has never been a great napper (although his nighttime sleep is good) and dropped to one nap at 12 months. He has now started to fight his nap and some days will go without one.

On the days he goes without it doesn't seem to affect his behaviour too much he is definitely slightly grouchier but nothing major.

When he does have a nap he then won't go to sleep at night til 8.30/9pm when he used to be asleep by 7/7.30.

Does this sound like he is dropping his nap??

I honestly thought naps would continue until he was closer to 3!

GothicRainbow Thu 08-Jan-15 21:42:58

Just thought I would bump this for the evening crew and see if I can get any advice!!

ChazzerChaser Thu 08-Jan-15 21:47:29

Yep, sounds like it. Sounds like mine who is a little older but not much. I miss those naps...

GothicRainbow Thu 08-Jan-15 22:37:59

Oh god, I thought as much but just didn't want to admit it - he's still a baby!! Sigh - I'm just not ready for them to stop ��

lotsofcheese Thu 08-Jan-15 22:44:53

My 20 month old is doing a similar thing. I don't think she is ready to drop her nap yet, but I am trying to bring it forward so that she is more tired at bedtime. Ideally I'd like her to sleep 11.30-12.30, as if she sleeps later then bedtime is hellish around 9pm.

I think if I tried to stop it now, she'd fall asleep on the way back from school run at 3-3.30pm, which would make things worse.

My DS dropped his nap at 24 months-ish.

GothicRainbow Thu 08-Jan-15 22:49:26

That would be an ideal nap time for my DS too as 12.30/1pm for an hour seems to be affecting his bedtime.

We find that even if we get him up earlier he won't go to sleep any earlier for his nap he just wants to power through.

DS is pfb so haven't got the worry of the school run, it must make things so much harder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now