Talk

Advanced search

needing advice on dd dreadful sleep habits

(1 Post)
noonoos78 Mon 05-Jan-15 13:57:53

dd just turned 2. is still bf on demand.

dd was a much longed for baby, and due to my own issues i have never let her cry. when tiny if cried was picked up straight away etc etc.

i know i have created these bad habits so please be gentle!

the issues are:

she stopped napping before 18months - doesn't seem to need it.
she only bf to sleep
she wakes 40 minutes after falling asleep - not able to self soothe at the end of the first sleep cycle. screams and needs to be bf and sung to go back to sleep - takes anything from 5-60 minutes.
then wakes around 10pm, 12pm, 4am, 6am. sometimes throws in a 2am wake up for good measure.
on waking she normally gets out of bed and walks into our room. i bf her to sleep and carry her back to bed.
she used to sleep for dh - he would sit with her and she'd fall asleep, but this has stopped in the last 6 weeks.

I'm knackered. dh is cross that this still isn't sorted.

we have tried
PUPD when she was 6 months old - just made her cross and cried terribly.
CC when 12 months old. She became ill after 3 days with horrible virus then a UTI so we stopped it. (i hated the crying and couldn't face trying again).
Dh only going in - she now is inconsolable by him at screams mummy mummy.
me sitting next to her bed but not bf or picking up - now she climbs out of bed, sits next to me and screams.
a bottle of formula in bed - she would have it but she's 2 and we thought was getting too big (maybe i should reintroduce to get her off bf?)
various other things none of which have helped.

the main problem is my inability to listen to her scream - we have 2 other LOs in the house so i also don't want them woken.

we are considering me moving out for 7 nights for dh to sleep train her - i think 7 days sleep at a hotel would do me good!

any advice please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now