Talk

Advanced search

How to get co sleeping baby used to her cot.

(9 Posts)
zinher Mon 05-Jan-15 01:20:09

We have been co sleeping as she wAmes many times and it js just easier to have her with me. We have a co sleeper but she doesn't sleep in there. She always comes right up to me and wakes up if she isn't touching me.
It has really reduced my quality of sleep. And I get all sorts of aches and pains on waking as I usually stay in the same position all night.

How can i move her back into her side of the sleeper

givemeevenmorecoffee Mon 05-Jan-15 19:09:58

hi
I don't have any helpful advice but just wanted to say I'm in the same boat/bed! My ds is 12 weeks and I really don't want to cosleep much longer but have no idea how to get him into his cot - he is inconsolable just being in the car seat as its too far away from me. the back ache from rigid sleeping is killing me!

Tomkat79 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:15:51

Left right left right...that's me alllll night. She's now almost 8 mo! Sigh. Can't beat those first morning smiles though.

Poffleski Mon 05-Jan-15 22:21:18

We put DD2 (10mo) into the cot when she's already asleep. I read loads of advice about putting them in for naps and when they are sleepy but not asleep but our baby screams if I do that and we end up back to square one. So we put her in asleep. For both naps and nights.

DH goes to comfort her in the night and if she won't settle she will come into bed with us.
We always try and put her back in if she wakes but in reality we all fall asleep again and I wake up with a sore back

Poffleski Mon 05-Jan-15 22:22:14

Meant to say she's only just got used to it in the last couple of months, even then at the start the cot seemed barely used but has got much better over time

SweetsForMySweet Mon 05-Jan-15 22:26:24

We put the cot bed in beside our bed(and removed the side rail on that side) and I position myself so that dd is in the cot and I'm at the edge but keep up the resistance when she tries to push onto our bed.

anothernumberone Mon 05-Jan-15 22:33:39

I used a 3 sided cot and I would sleep ds on a blanket and then drag him over to the cot while he slept.

anothernumberone Mon 05-Jan-15 22:35:05

I mean drag the blanket over it sounds like I tortured the poor little fella. He still drops into us regularly aged 3 so I am not sure I can claim complete success.

stargirl1701 Mon 05-Jan-15 22:38:37

Following as I am in the same boat, OP. DD2 is 19 weeks and has co-slept from her first night. I'm looking to have her in her cot from 7pm-10pm from 26 weeks so both DH and I can be downstairs together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now