Talk

Advanced search

13 mth old refusing nap

(4 Posts)
JessicaFletcher2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:55:27

For the last week my 13 month old daughter has been refusing her afternoon nap. The routine had been:
520-6:00 wake (though normally its well before 6)
9:00 -1030 nap
1:30- 3ish - nap
7 p.m. bed time

I just cant take the screaming when I try to put her down for her afternoon nap now. I have tried putting her down later. I tried to cut the morning nap to 45 mins. I am reluctant to cut out the morning nap completely because she is usually so exhausted since she has always been such an early riser. The last few days she will fall asleep in the afternoon in the car or the buggy, just not in her cot.
Any help on transitioning to 1 nap ?

Thanks

Starlightbright1 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:01:02

If she won't go down then drop it.. You could try and start morning nap a little later and then letting her drop the afternoon nap. then slowly move to later and later.

One decent nap is the way it progressed rather than 2 shorter naps

Quitelikely Sun 04-Jan-15 20:19:08

I would just let her nap in her pram for now. Pop her pram in the kitchen and push for a while

JessicaFletcher2014 Tue 06-Jan-15 19:45:26

Thanks for the advice. Its been a rough few days. She has slept in the buggy and actually did an hour today in the cot. Im not 100% convinced that she is going down to 1 nap. I will wait a little longer and see. Its hard to know what to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now