Talk

Advanced search

Can Ewan get my baby to sleep?

(7 Posts)
Cornishblues Sat 03-Jan-15 22:11:30

Dc2 is 9 months and has never got himself to sleep without being in carrier/buggy/ being held to sleep. Unfortunately this applies every time he wakes in the night. At the moment he doesn't have any toys or anything else in the cot so I'm wondering if I'm desperate enough to fork out for a Ewan dream sheep - or anything else that might help. Do you think that at 9 months we've missed the boat? Or of course that things will miraculously sort themselves out at 10 months and so we can save the money? Any advice appreciated.

halloweensquish Sun 04-Jan-15 07:53:19

I think it might be to late - my 2 month old is growing out of it and it is not as affective aa it was when she was very new. Perhaps download a free white noise app to your phone and play it to see if that works - basically the same as the sheep but without the cuddly toy and red glow light... Good luck!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 04-Jan-15 08:05:34

We still use ours at 14 months but I think it's only because it's habit and she's had it since she was tiny. Not sure it would work if we started now.

RaisinGirls Sun 04-Jan-15 10:24:27

We started with Ewan about six weeks ago - my DD is 8 months old now, so I don't think 9 months is too late. I use it every evening when I am giving her bedtime bf, then move it into the cot with her. Its not been the miracle cure I'd wanted, but there have definitely been evenings / times during the middle of the night etc, where she has been soothed by Ewan and in my opinion even those few times its worked has been worth it. She is getting more and more familiar with Ewan too, so Im seeing better progress as time goes on - often she turns it on herself and chatters away happily and then drifts off not last night though when she was awake from 1-3am and nothing would get her down

Devilforasideboard Sun 04-Jan-15 11:39:55

I found Ewan switched off too quickly so used a white noise app for a bit then bought a white noise machine from Amazon. Started at about 7 months and still has it (along with Ewan who he took a shine to having been relegated to the toy box) at 18m.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 04-Jan-15 11:42:21

We have that issue sometimes too Devil. DD is usually asleep by the end but if not she gets up and screams when he turns off!

Cornishblues Sun 04-Jan-15 19:21:15

Thanks everyone. Think I'll try white noise and think again after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now