Talk

Advanced search

4:30 am Wake up

(2 Posts)
Carty76 Fri 02-Jan-15 08:28:47

Advice needed!

My LO IS 19 weeks old as has never really been the best sleeper but over the last 8 weeks or so she appears to want yo get up at 4:30 am. It's not everyone morning that she does, it can vary anywhere between 4:30 and 7:00am but she always seems to muster around 4:30.

My husband and I have tried everything!! She has a dream feed at 10-10:30 and as we still hasn't dropped the night feed wakes anywhere between 3::00-400:am fir another feed. That other feed doesn't appear to be making her go through even though she's not draining the bottle.

Do we just have to accept this is the time she wants to get up? Any tips or advice are most welcomed!

Many thanks

Julie

ReluctantCamper Fri 02-Jan-15 08:37:05

I hear ya, babies just seem to think 4:30 is getting up time. Currently going through this with DS2 who's 17 weeks. My advice from what I vaguely remember of that dark, sleep deprived time with DS1 is even though baby wants to get up, you don't have to. Pick your non negotiable time (6am for me), and never start the day before then. It will mean listening to grumbling, lots of getting up to shush/insert dummy/whatever, but eventually they'll get the idea. DS 1 was a great sleeper from about 9 months, so it was worth it in the long run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now