Talk

Advanced search

Teething - how long will it last?

(6 Posts)
firsttimemothergoose Fri 02-Jan-15 08:22:40

DD has been dribbling excessively for weeks and weeks, but we have now had four days of awful crying (which she's never done before!) and no sleep and red cheeks. All the signs really but wondering how long this stage usually lasts?

nottheOP Fri 02-Jan-15 08:28:05

Until they're 2.5 years old, on and off. Use what's a available to you... teething powders, calpol (ibuprofen is more effective ime), rings, Sophie the giraffe, the things you put into the freezer.

I found that ds teeth came in pairs but they all vary.

Jeffery Fri 02-Jan-15 08:33:31

My dd is getting 3 teeth all at the same time... its been hell. Yes to ibuprophen and gel. Don't both with powders... nothing in them that actually stops the pain.

I've yet to look in dds mouth this morn but after a hellish night I'm hoping she has a full set!

firsttimemothergoose Fri 02-Jan-15 08:51:37

But how long in that 'just about to poke through' stage? Days? Weeks?

Orangeisthenewbanana Fri 02-Jan-15 08:58:46

DD would get really ratty and we'd assume that her teeth would appear in a day or two. They would actually arrive with minimal fuss about 3 weeks later confused! I think it varies massively between children, sorry!

Jeffery Fri 02-Jan-15 13:49:50

Yeah... It varys. One of my dd's popped through without trouble yet these 3 have been hell and about a week now. The 3rd still hasn't broken thrrough sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now