Talk

Advanced search

How long did your 18month sleep regression last?

(8 Posts)
LindsayS79 Fri 02-Jan-15 07:08:05

DD is 18mo and started to wake every night 3 weeks ago. She's alway been easy to settle using a dummy but she's waking earlier nowadays and is not settling if we give the dummy through the night.
I've read there is an 18 month sleep regression. Does anyone have any tips on dealing with it and how long did it last?!!!

bexster5 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:57:29

I know a lot if people don't agree with this but we did controlled crying and that helped. We used controlled crying first when he was about 8 months old.

Unfortunately he's now teething and waking all the way through the night but that's another issue!

Whatever you end up trying, good luck!

LindsayS79 Sat 03-Jan-15 20:51:15

Thank you. We actually have started to let her cry a bit. It has helped for during the night! She's now waking really early and is fighting naps..!

bexster5 Sun 04-Jan-15 06:48:02

How frustrating! Ours is an early waker too and from what I gather from my friends most of theirs are as well.

We try the c c in the morning too. Sometimes it helps. We also try putting toys into the cot. Sometimes that helps. We are considering a gro clock but I don't like the fact that they are lit up all night like a night light.

Some people swear by them though! Good luck!!!

bexster5 Sun 04-Jan-15 08:05:54

There's another thread on here - controlled crying in early hours - which might be helpful too!

Rinkydinkypink Sun 04-Jan-15 08:09:07

Are you sure it's not teeth? Dd is terrible at the moment but is getting her back teeth.

LindsayS79 Sun 04-Jan-15 11:00:01

She is teething on and off. But it makes me think it's not the cause when she calms down the minute I take her downstairs and dives into her toys!!

Devilforasideboard Sun 04-Jan-15 11:35:10

DS was consistently waking early for months, perfectly cheery and ready to start the day. Since he got the last of his teeth through he's gone from waking at 5-5.30 to 6-6.30 with one or two days closer to 7. I had a feeling it was his teeth, not in an agonisingly painful way but you know when you stir and go back to sleep but if something's bothering you a bit you can't drop back off? If he starts again I'll be doing Wake to Sleep but didn't think there was any point while he was teething.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now