Talk

Advanced search

10 month old doesn't sleep 😥

(7 Posts)
MrsJK Thu 01-Jan-15 21:06:53

Need help with DD10months.

She currently has one nap mid morning for approx 1hr and unless in the car/pram will resist and further attempts to be put down.

She can self settle during day time nap but loses all ability during the night often waking 2/3 times for a cuddle sad

We have been guilty of going to her too quickly during the night as she is sharing with her DD1 but need to nip this one now as currently won't go to bed until 9/10pm when literally dead on her feet.

It's killing myself and DH especially as due to go back to work in the next month. Please help have we broken our child ?!

caravanista13 Thu 01-Jan-15 21:10:54

I don't believe you can go to a child too quickly- if they need you, go to them.

Newfamily2014 Sat 03-Jan-15 13:26:47

How are you putting her to sleep at night? Is she self settling to sleep? Or are you holding her etc?

MrsJK Sun 04-Jan-15 08:23:14

Thank you for your replies.

Part of my does agree that she is only young once and needs me HOWEVER I'm exhausted and can see she is just playing us confused

In the day she goes down awake and puts herself to sleep. However at night we have been putting her down asleep as she just stands up and screams if she goes down awake ( and risk waking out 2yrold)

The last two nights she's eventually gone to sleep only to wake 3 hrs later and be fully recharged for another 2 hrs of mischief shock

I'm broken

Newfamily2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 15:33:47

Oh poor you hugs
I am by no way an expert but I did a lot of reading to get my lo into a routine (she has just turned 10months too) and I would wonder if a nap of 1 hour isn't enough for your lo and perhaps they are over tired when they go to bed and so find it hard to settle?

MrsJK Sun 04-Jan-15 19:19:11

New family -I completely agree!

I was very much of the opinion that sleep breeds sleep with my first!

Can I ask what time does your LO nap during the day? Thanks smile

Newfamily2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:05:43

My lo is quite predictable (at the moment!). She wakes between 0740-0800 and will take her first nap 3hrs or 3hrs15mins later. She would then take her second nap after at about 3.30pm after her 3pm bottle of milk. However, in the last few days she's started taking one long nap or 2hrs30mins rather than the 2. I read the baby whisperers booked and found it really helped me get my lo into a schedule. They give guidance on how long a baby should be able to stay up awake for, but obviously each baby is different.
If you are thinking of starting a routine they suggest to observe your baby for 2 or 3 days to see when they get tired and use it for the basis of a routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now