Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

13 weeks on and my back is going to break! Please help

(7 Posts)
jemima1988 Tue 30-Dec-14 18:58:57

My ds is nearly 13 weeks old he has only ever slept on my chest. If I put him down I might get 15 mins tops out of him and he screams. We thought it may be silent reflux so I spent a small fortune on a cooconababy..... This works fab in the day u might get half an hour but not at night
1 of our main problems is we live at home with my family so I don't want to let him scream as my mum step dad and brothers all work.

tonight I'm going to try breastfeeding on my side he manages to fall asleep this way and because he's on his side too this lasts longer than on his back in his bed

does anyone else have any more ideas? or has someone been in the same situation?

halloweensquish Fri 02-Jan-15 09:06:30

Have you tried a bouncy chair or does he like going in the car? If Out DD is asleep in the car seat we leave her in it! She also liked sleeping in the crook of my arm on her side after feeding to but OH too worried I'd smother her to continually do it confused

GlitteryLipgloss Fri 02-Jan-15 10:47:52

I think you need to persevere with laying him down and settling him without picking him up. He has learnt that when he screams - you pick him up. It will take a couple of nights, but you will get there. You cant keep having him on your chest - you both need good quality sleep.

Try the BF'ing on your side and pat his back and sssh him see if that helps...then transfer gently to his own moses/cot.

Top up his feed if needs be.

Hope it goes well.

letsplaynice Fri 02-Jan-15 10:59:32

Sorry totally disagree with Glittery he's still just tiny he's not learnt anything he's just expressing his needs in the only way he knows how to. look up 4th trimester and babycalm for a bit of understanding & safe co sleeping and go from there

caravanista13 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:32:16

Shocking advice Glittery. He's only 13 weeks - he needs all the cuddles he can get.

GlitteryLipgloss Fri 02-Jan-15 16:12:57

It's not shocking advice. I didn't mean lay him down and leave him all night. You can't make a rod for your own back either.

Plateofcrumbs Fri 02-Jan-15 21:05:15

My DS was like this, but has got much better -I definitely found the 'fourth trimester' rang true and he started getting better after three months, so hopefully there will be improvement for you soon. Easy to say now but I miss him curled up asleep on my chest every night. I would say make your bed as safe as possible, find a way you can both sleep comfortably (I propped myself up with an L-shaped pillow so I couldn't roll in my sleep) and enjoy your snugly newborn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now