Talk

Advanced search

14 month old still waking once for a bottle?

(7 Posts)
plentyofshoes Sun 28-Dec-14 12:00:28

How common is this? She eats very well during the day and is average weight, but top of the chart for height. She has snacks and enough protein. She has a 200 ml bottle before her 11 am nap. She then has tea at 5.30, a cracker and 300ml bottle at 7. She goes down fine but wakes anytime between 11- 2. She has a bottle and drains it. It takes her a while to settle again though.

pookamoo Sun 28-Dec-14 12:02:33

I'd say normal. (in so far as any babies are "normal"! grin )
BF babies that age often wake for a feed in the night, so I'd assume bottle fed might too.

Does she have lunch as well as tea? How long does she sleep for at 11?

plentyofshoes Sun 28-Dec-14 12:14:14

She has about an hour and a half sleep. Then lunch, snack at 3 which is normally a teacake or crumpet then evening meal. Ds never eat a great deal so I am aware that I am not entirely she if what she eats is average..
For breakfast she has a whole adult size bowl of porridge or a weetabix.

pookamoo Sun 28-Dec-14 22:33:52

She sounds like she is doing just fine smile

bishboschone Sun 28-Dec-14 22:42:39

If you want her to drop it ,reduce it gradually over time by 1oz . This will have the knock on effect of her having more food and milk in the day / evening . She doesn't need it at 14 months , she just thinks she does . If you are happy her keep waking up then leave it but if not then encourage her to stop . Either way is fine .

fuckwitteryskitchenisfucked Sun 28-Dec-14 22:59:44

My 14 month does! I am gradually watering down her formula in the night to water sometimes she aettles with just water but if I have to give milk make it watered down. I am hoping she'll decide not to bother waking up soon!

plentyofshoes Mon 29-Dec-14 11:55:39

Found a huge back tooth coming through this morning which could account for waking still....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now