Talk

Advanced search

crib mattress too hard?

(4 Posts)
galaxy84 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:33:36

I have the snuzpod crib and DD has been sleeping not very well in it for the last 8 weeks. I'm probably grasping at straws but I find the mattress incredibly hard, and also it has flattened where DD sleeps in the middle.
Does anyone else think the same if their crib and has changing mattress helped at all?

jessplussomeonenew Mon 29-Dec-14 04:38:21

We have the snuzpod and I agree it seems a very hard mattress. It's probably a safety feature but at the moment DS won't sleep there so it's not much use! We tried putting folded blankets under the sheet (I'm sure that's not recommended but the alternative is him sleeping on our mattress!) but he's still not keen, not sure if he still thinks it's hard now or whether that was never the problem. Have you tried warming it with a hot water bottle before putting him in just in case cold is the issue?

purplemurple1 Mon 29-Dec-14 05:21:36

When mine moved to a travel cot at 8 month's I put a folded single quilt under his fitted sheet as the mattress was too hard and it definatly helped.

HSMMaCM Mon 29-Dec-14 05:30:31

I think it's so when/if they roll over they don't squash their face into something soft, making it hard to breathe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now