Talk

Advanced search

7-8 month old sleep schedule

(2 Posts)
Lucylooo Sat 27-Dec-14 15:44:09

Please can you share with me your 7 or 8 month old's sleep schedule?

I cannot get her to any type of schedule naturally trying to go by sleep cues, we've just been all over the place all her life and I think to sleep better at night (she's awful) she needs a more regulated nap structure in the day. I was hoping she'd just fall naturally into one one day, but, no, really not!

Books vary quite a bit so I need some proper r/l examples please mumsnetters?

Thanks!

mummy2pickle Sun 28-Dec-14 22:45:36

My dd has been an awful sleeper since birth. She's 8 months now and I've never believed she would sleep at all day or night but when she hit 7 months, in a week two teeth came through and she began crawling then a miracle happened. She began sleeping. I'm very strict with her routine now because I know how unpredictable she can be.
Wakes around 6.30
Bottle at 7.30
Breakfast at 8ish
Nap 9-9.45 (cuddled to sleep)
Lunch at midday
Nap 1.30-3
Bottle 3.30
Tea at 5
Story then bath at 6
In the night garden until 6.45
Then bottle in bedroom and in cot at 7 asleep or awake, she's learnt to self settle at bedtime not nap time

This has just fallen into place, what I did was when a pattern started to show slightly is push myself to enforce it daily. I now won't let her sleep past 330 so she's tired enough for bed at 7
I can sympathise with you. We had a horrendous start and never dreamed our baby would sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now