Talk

Advanced search

Help!! Face down baby

(8 Posts)
beckiebee04 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:27:33

My little one is 6 months old, she has been in her own room and cot since 2 months old, worked for her , since 2 months ago she wriggles a lot during her sleep and ends up at the top end of the cot , or sideways, half and half, everywhere basically despite being put down at the bottom in a sleeping bag,she's always slept through so from 7pm I never go i to her and this morning I went in and she was face down, to my panic I yanked her up and startled her lol 8 gave a video monitor and do watch her at night but sometimes I'm extra tired and sleep through ... Any ideas?

HellKitty Mon 22-Dec-14 07:33:48

My eldest did that from 6 months which, as you realise, scares the crap out of you! My HV at the time said that if he got himself in that position then he can roll back and not to worry, it was just the way he slept. It didn't ease my stress much though!

CurlsLDN Mon 22-Dec-14 07:48:46

Absolutely fine, my ds started doing this at six months, and stopped again a few weeks later. All my friends babies did the same. As pp says, if they got there themselves it's fine

ilovepowerhoop Mon 22-Dec-14 08:09:33

from 6 months you can let them find their own sleeping position. my 2 slept on their tummy with their bums in the air around that age

beckiebee04 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:35:52

She is the biggest wriggler ever , even arms and legs through the bars, thinki need mesh bumpers too, yea I suppose if she got there she could get back x

notoneforselfies Mon 22-Dec-14 09:54:27

Wouldn't worry at this age as they are old enough to move about on their own volition, roll over, turn their head from side to side etc. you can't dictate their sleeping position when they're mobile. If she was actually face planting the mattress, just ensure the mattress is firm and no soft squidgy toys in the cot. Air wrap bumpers are good too.

Mmolly2013 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:13:07

What I've found helpful is to put my baby in a grobag, and tuck the grobag in tight under the bottom of the cot bed mattress so she physically can't flip over. It works perfectly

Christelle2207 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:37:20

Mine did this for a while. He now at 16 m generally sleeps on his front but with his head to one side and his bum in the air! I got an anglecare
Movement sensor which did ease my unease a bit- it goes off if they don't move for a few seconds- lasted with mine until relatively recently. He has a large cotbed and rolls off the sensor and sets it off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now