Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stopping feeding to sleep

(1 Post)
LurkingQuietly Sat 20-Dec-14 21:01:55

Hello! I have decided I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge that is mumsnet to help me stop a (potentially bad) habit before it becomes a problem. I'm hoping it's not already an issue that I can't resolve!!

I have an 11 month old DS who has always been a good sleeper - I'm sorry, I don't have any advice, he's just naturally always been quite good. However, if he's not in the car or pushchair, he will go to sleep for naps on me and I'll transfer him to his cot. At bedtime, I'll feed him to sleep.

On 3 separate and random occasions I have managed to put him down awake and he takes himself off to sleep. This is clearly a timing thing. How do I do this for all naps and bedtime? How do I get him to go off to sleep by himself? At the moment, he'll stand up and cry until I go in and get him out of his cot.

He's very good at self settling at night when he wakes...and rarely wakes at night (I know I've jinxed this now!!!)

Any advice you can give is so very welcome.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now