Talk

Advanced search

When does cluster feeding stop?

(7 Posts)
Peanut15 Fri 19-Dec-14 19:14:46

Dd is 7.5 weeks old. Since birth we've had brilliant stretches of 9pm - 5am sleeps. After serious but settled cluster feeding sessions of 4-5pm - 9 pm the last week her cluster feeding is extending from 4-5pm - 11pm. There is stl a 6 hr stretch of sleep then. All evening i seem to feed for 5 mins, she'll fall asleep on me so I put her down and ping the eyes open. She is tired as she's yawning etc.

I'm struggling with the cluster feeding - I thought it was supposed to get better not worse!

Dh is is great and I'm sat in bed feeding with Moses basket right next to me and lots of snacks and drinks.

makeminea6x Fri 19-Dec-14 19:17:48

Sounds like a growth spurt. She's feeding more so you'll make more. It'll settle.

Could you let her feed and doze on your lap all evening while you watch a box set?

Generally things get a bit easier around the 12-14 week mark.

callamia Fri 19-Dec-14 19:19:09

A six hour sleep stretch though! My son was pretty similar, but it was definitely over by 12 weeks. I think he cluster-fed for longer than most babies, but I know he wasn't still doing it at Christmas, so he probably tailed off around 8-10 weeks.

I used to go to bed about 8pm with a hot chocolate and iplayer. It wasn't a bad way to spend winter.

Jeffery Fri 19-Dec-14 19:20:32

Yeah what above said, just go with it. Snacks, box set, tablet.
It was hard work but the weeks fly by so quickly and now my 10 month old is on 2 breastfeeds a day an the cluster feed hell seems like a distant memory.
Xxxx

Jeffery Fri 19-Dec-14 19:21:47

Actually really miss all that snuggly time too.

Pointlessfan Fri 19-Dec-14 19:22:06

I can't remember exactly but I'd say it settled down after about 3 months. I know that I had an evening out when DD was about 16 weeks so it must have stopped by then!

Gennz Sat 20-Dec-14 22:19:28

OMG you get a 6 hours stretch!!!

<cries with jealousy>

<misses point of thread>

I am keeping a watching brief as I'd love to know the answer to this too, DS is 4 weeks and has been doing evening cluster feeding all week, which is a walk in the park compared to the horrific 48 hour stint of every 1.5 hours he did round the 2 week mark. Nearly finished me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now