Talk

Advanced search

Is it teething, a cold or is she playing me

(4 Posts)
Roxie85 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:39:44

Dd is almost 1 and at 8 months old we started sleep training as it used to take us 2hrs to get her to sleep and shed wake up throughout the night. After about 2 months we got it sorted and by about 10months she was sleeping through.
Anyway the past week she has gone down ok but woken after 3-4hrs screaming. I tried everything (inc ibuprofen etc as she has just got her first 2 teeth and has a horrible snotty nose) but nothing working except holding her while she settled.
She was really restless but dropping off to sleep on me easily. It takes almost an hour for her to fall into a deep enough sleep for me to transfer her back to her cot and then she sleeps until morning.
She is much more grumpy and tired in the day and is having longer naps sometimes (I assume because she is that tired after not sleeping well overnight)
Now I am worrying that she is playing me and will revert to old habits and not sleep well. Should I continue to hold her as it could be teeth or her snotty nose or do I go back to sleep training.
I go back to work full time in 3 weeks and I don't want her to slip into old bad habits but am clueless what I should be doing. I dint want to let her cry if she really needs me but don't want to make a rod for my own back as she is a determined little thing (taking us a lot of effort and hell to be honest to get her to sleep at night in the first place)

Roxie85 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:45:05

Oh and when I go and pick her up she is fine. Stops crying, sometimes even babbles to me. She is tugging her ears and running her head too.
Feel awful letting her cry if she's unwell and it's not nice going in after a few mins if tears to find snot covering her face and her sheets all wet.

ouryve Thu 18-Dec-14 22:48:20

She's definitely not playing you. She's trying to tell you something. Go with it.

Littlef00t Sun 21-Dec-14 20:17:35

It could be separation anxiety, but it could also be something more. If there is a lot of ear tugging please see the doctor. A friend had an un diagnosed ear infection in her dd that was so bad the ear drum burst. Only signs were bad sleeping, tugging on ear misinterpreted as tired sign, and slightly tilted head sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now