Talk

Advanced search

Tummy sleeping in sleepyhead grand?

(3 Posts)
ilovetosleep Thu 18-Dec-14 20:07:26

DS is 8months and outgrew the sleepyhead duluxe at 6months (91st centile) we had a brief period of hell on earth (waking every 20mins instead of every 2 hrs) before we decided we must buy the next size up.

However during the hell on earth period he learnt to sleep on his tummy. When we got the Grande he went back to 2 hrly waking (I know I know, hideous) on his back. That was 2 weeks ago. Now he is learning to crawl and has started waking himself up every hour on his tummy. I'm wondering if it's ok to let him settle on his tummy in the sleepyhead or if that would be unsafe?

That was a bit of an essay for a very straightforward question, sorry!

Misty9 Fri 19-Dec-14 21:36:48

Hmm, we had dd, 8 months, in the sleepyhead until recently and I'd be very reluctant to encourage tummy sleeping to be honest. But is the grande much bigger width ways? I would have thought that tummy sleeping would confer the same advantages as the sleepyhead with the contained feeling, if you see what I mean?

missmargot Fri 19-Dec-14 21:43:01

DS is 11 months and is in the Grand. He often sleeps on his tummy, our health visitor says it's fine as long as he can roll onto his back on his own, which he can. I don't love him sleeping on his front but he rolls of his own accord so there's not much I can do about it.

Have you read the Wonder Weeks book or downloaded the app? I'm wondering whether your DS is going through a big development leap and that's the issue rather than the Sleepyhead.

When DS was learning to crawl he was waking himself up trying to crawl in his sleep, his brain couldn't switch off from practising and I don't think it would have made a difference whether he'd settled on his front or back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now