Talk

Advanced search

opinions please!

(2 Posts)
muddylettuce Tue 16-Dec-14 10:25:01

Dd is 19 months. We put her in her cot for a nap at one, she falls asleep between 1 and 2 usually and has between 40 minutes - an hour and 20 minute nap. Sometimes she does not nap at all but is content to play in her cot for an hour or so. Bedtime is at 1930.
We have noticed on days she does nap she doesn't go to sleep until 2100, sometimes later, last night it was 2230. Often these nights she will cry and whinge and sometimes she will even make herself sick. On days she doesn't nap she is asleep immediately and will go through until the morning. Recently because of later bedtime she has been waking up later, around 8 and then subsequently not napping. It's a bit of a vicious circle.
When nap refusal started advice in parenting section was to keep going as she was probably too young to grow out of naps but now I am not so sure. The later bedtime is stressful for all. Not to mention a nightmare for my washing machine.
Would you stop nap? Or carry on?
Ps. Yesterday she woke at 8. I put her in cot for nap at 1 just to keep routine up and to implement quiet time, intending to get her up after an hour, she fell asleep at ten to 2. She had 40 minutes sleep and then bedtime was at 2230!

muddylettuce Wed 17-Dec-14 13:33:06

Anyone?! [Sad]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now