Talk

Advanced search

What's waking her up?!

(6 Posts)
Gavlarrr Sat 13-Dec-14 22:43:50

My DD is 6.5 months, slept well as a newborn until around a month ago, now she seems to be waking every hour or so through the night. We have always had a well established bedtime routine. She was exclusively bf until around 5 months when I started weaning her. I know she's going to bed full up, even been topping her up with a bottle to make sure. She goes to bed at 8.30, and getting her to sleep isn't the problem it's keeping her asleep! Starting to really get me down now, I've tried absolutley everything and I'm at my wits end, what could it be? She's not hungry, some nights are good and she'll only wake once or twice, nothing particularly different about those days! Helppppp 💤💤💤💤💤

Gavlarrr Sat 13-Dec-14 22:45:22

I bf during the night but not every time. Sometimes she'll go back to sleep with dummy, sometimes she needs a cuddle. And when I say some nights are good I mean 2 in about 2 months confusedconfused

FATEdestiny Sat 13-Dec-14 22:46:25

Could she be pain from teething?

Singleandproud Sat 13-Dec-14 22:47:56

It is a wonder week.... Basically every time babies go through a major milestone either physical or mental they will wake in the night the one that happens at around six months is related to learning to sit up.
Be aware that even if children have learnt to sleep through, every time they are teething, get ill, learn something new then that sleep pattern is going to be disturbed. It's natural and a part of their development.

Gavlarrr Sat 13-Dec-14 22:50:54

Could be teething but she doesn't sver wake up crying, more fidgeting. I've tried calpol before bed, bonjela, teething powder.... It's been going on every night for weeks and weeks confused

Singleandproud Sat 13-Dec-14 23:02:11

Breast milk has 'sleepy' hormones in it for both mother and baby so perhaps cutting down feeds means she isn't sleeping so well because of that and you aren't sleeping as deeply so it is affecting you a lot.

That age is really busy for her new eating experiences, becoming more mobile etc my DD would wake her self up regularly at that age by sitting up in her sleep.

I know it's nor helpful but the fact is babies wake up a lot and it's just a phase, sleep deprivation is the hardest part of parenting. Can you co sleep? This quite frankly saved my sanity as a single parent dealing with the multiple wakings. Can you catch up on sleep during the day. Can someone take care of her so you can have a rest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now