Talk

Advanced search

Totally fed up

(11 Posts)
MadgeMak Fri 12-Dec-14 21:22:48

I have a three year old and a 7 month old. Currently I spend most of my evening lying with one of them in a dark room till they go to sleep. Typically the youngest goes to bed at 6.30-7 and I feed then hold him till he falls asleep. Once he's asleep I then tackle the three year old who I have to lie down with in her bed till she goes to sleep. If I'm lucky I'm done by 8.30, but the baby usually wakes up at least a couple of times so I'm up and down the stairs like a bloody yo-yo.

I'm just sick to bloody death of it, I know it will get better with time and I just need to ride it out but needed to vent. Sodding kids.

SleepyMcgee Fri 12-Dec-14 21:28:57

Tons of sympathy for you flowers

I posted at 4.30am about my 5 month old not sleeping, so I understand being ground down by it all.

Sorry but I grin at "sodding kids". Totally agree

Is there anyone who can help you?

Misty9 Fri 12-Dec-14 21:29:16

I feel your pain - mine are the same ages and it just feels like, rinse repeat at the moment. I'm lucky in that dh sorts the toddler, if you're doing it alone then I take my hat off to you!

Can you feed the baby while doing stories etc with the older one in bed? Mine goes to bed the same time as the baby so ii dread the time I have to do it solo. Gradual withdrawal to get out of the older one's bed?

Lots of chocolate helps I find...

MadgeMak Fri 12-Dec-14 21:29:34

Half nine and I'm now back upstairs with the baby settling him for the second time. FFS.

MadgeMak Fri 12-Dec-14 21:32:13

Thanks all, just looking to have a moan really and pass the time whilst I resettle the baby. It's just so bloody infuriating.

Misty9 Fri 12-Dec-14 21:34:46

Yep, snap. Bloody kids.

SleepyMcgee Fri 12-Dec-14 21:36:50

I know flowers

Do they sleep in well in the mornings?

MadgeMak Fri 12-Dec-14 21:40:33

My eldest dropped daytime naps long ago, the baby sleeps well so long as he's in my arms. Which is fine to a certain extent, but does mean my eldest gets babysat by the iPad alot. And I'm just so snappy with them, just need some personal space I think. My husband works long hours but does help out when he's home, but both the kids just want me at bedtime and it's wearing.

SleepyMcgee Fri 12-Dec-14 21:52:12

Same as me then as my 5 month old will only nap on me.

I completely sympathise and agree it wears you out. I'm all touched out sometimes with my baby hanging off my tit all the time. Even through the night!

MadgeMak Fri 12-Dec-14 21:55:45

It sucks, huh? Hope you get some respite soon!

SleepyMcgee Fri 12-Dec-14 21:57:36

Thank you, you too! Have some chocolate or something nice when you get your baby back to sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now