Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping with eyes open

(7 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Tue 09-Dec-14 13:36:59

DS2 is 5 weeks and when he naps during the day when I check on him he's often lying there with eyes half open and eye balls rolling/flickering. He's also making lots of grunting whimpering noises and little wind smiles/grimaces.
I know that babies do a lot of REM sleep - is this what this is? Is he really asleep when he does this?! Am assuming that if he was awake, he's be, well, awake?!

WowOoo Tue 09-Dec-14 16:25:07

I've seen myself sleeping and I have one eye open. Dh was freaked out and took a photo. Then I was freaked out when he showed me!
I have been reassured that it's totally normal. Normal for a 5 week old too.

Flingingmelon Tue 09-Dec-14 16:33:58

Yup, my DS is known to sleep with his eyes open. Bit confusing if I come home from work and check in on him after he's gone to bed smile

Scotmum83 Tue 09-Dec-14 22:36:56

My lg does the one eye open thing too. I just stroke her nose and she shuts her eyes properly smile

WhyNotSmile Sun 14-Dec-14 22:30:49

My son has always done this (he's now 4 months). It looks a bit freaky - sometimes his eyes are really quite wide open! My mother-in-law says a few people on her side of the family have done it too.

AndWhat Mon 15-Dec-14 20:06:22

My husband and my DS do this freaks me the fuck out!

FrancieHurley Thu 18-Dec-14 02:03:43

I do that too. That looks creepy, but it's not something to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now