Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's baby nap very little?

(5 Posts)
squizita Thu 04-Dec-14 10:38:47

Have asked HCP. DD is 10 weeks, very happy and alert and shows no signs of exhaustion.
She sleeps wonderfully at night (jinx!).

In the day she snatches 10 min here and there, and far less than the norm. I would say 1 hour total some days!
Tried all the usual soothing, rocking, pram, sling ... but if she ain't tired she ain't sleeping. She is currently in her moses basket WIDE AWAKE after her 1st short nap.

I know they say read the baby not the books but ... This is weird. HV and GP say her physical and mental states are fine.
Anyone else have a baby like this?

mrsmugoo Thu 04-Dec-14 11:12:53

Yes mine was totally like that at that age - I think it's just the time that they suddenly become "switched on" to the world and don't want to miss out on anything.

It was the height of summer when mine was 10 weeks old and I pushed him miles and miles in the pushchair to get him to sleep in the day as nothing else would work.

Just like everything…it's a phase! He started to slot into three semi regular naps around 4 months and then at 6 months went down to two naps. Before 4 months though it was anyone's guess how much sleep he'd get in the day!

squizita Thu 04-Dec-14 11:36:16

Oh Mrsmugoo thank you so much!!

Worried there was something wrong with her ... evidently a phase (as yes, younger she napped normally). Phew. smile

Might go for a walk or a drive later!

fairyelephantswellies Thu 04-Dec-14 11:42:11

All of my three were like this from the beginning, never had long daytime naps, just too interested in what was going on. Barring occasional illness, they have always self settled happily and slept well at night smile

squizita Thu 04-Dec-14 12:31:58

Fairy Thanks smile smile How reassuring.

Have managed to find something that works well today. Cheesy Xmas music (Slade, Mariah etc') + gentle motion. Weirdly she never responded to relaxation music or lullabies like that.
Well if it isn't a phase I'm going to look potty with it on in the car come June!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now