Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a rubbish bedtime routine?

(3 Posts)
Swannykazoo Sat 29-Nov-14 10:58:26

Honestly? We put littlepuggle's eczema creams on downstairs while he charges around naked. Eventually we manage to get his overnight nappy and pjs on and then he gets fed to sleep on my lap. He's 11 months and been a terrible sleeper unless we co-sleep. I keep reading people saying they have an amazing bedtime routine involving sub 45 mins bath /book/pjs /teeth all with soft lighting and whale song. Frankly bathtime involves LP diving around trying to pull all the shampoo bottles down and being excitable, ditto getting dressed/undressed, loves books but again they are fun and sleeping happens in pram/attached to me. Seems to have 2 settings - awake and boisterous or asleep, no sleepy or the old favourite "drowsy but awake"

Are we the only people being so slack? It sort of works for us, started as the moses basket and baby tilt switch caused instant screaming at horizontal position but am starting to wonder is it time to change to something else? Has anyone had no "classic" bedtime routine and aren;t still cosleeping at 18?

HSMMaCM Sat 29-Nov-14 11:53:11

If it works for you then stick with it. We never managed to get organised into a 'proper' bedtime routine and 15 yr old dd sleeps in her own bed ok.

Swannykazoo Sun 30-Nov-14 10:39:06

Phew - well it sort of works, more that anything else seems to work much less iyswim.....
Repeat - must not read stupid avice about sleeping books, no good will come of it....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now