Talk

Advanced search

DD 2.6 won't self settle - does this plan sound feasible?

(4 Posts)
LegoCaltrops Thu 27-Nov-14 12:15:42

At present we get her to sleep downstairs then take her up & put her in bed. We have tried gradual retreat, putting her in awake & staying in the room/next to her cot etc, to no avail. She always became frantic & it got to the point that we couldn't even get upstairs before she'd get upset. The only other place she will sleep, is our bed.

DD has never been able to self settle although once she is asleep she will usually sleep through, illess excepting. She's currently still in a cotbed but we're going to get her a proper single bed soon. I'm hoping that once we get this, we can take her up & snuggle next to her until she settles. How has anoyone else deal with this & did it work?

LegoCaltrops Thu 27-Nov-14 17:51:28

Anyone? What I really need to know is, are we likely to get stuck in the same position we're in now, ie, DD unable to go to sleep on her own. I'm hoping it's going to be more of a step towards independent self settling IYSWIM.

sososotired Fri 28-Nov-14 20:14:23

My DS is younger 1.5 but u have now done the lying in bed with him thing I rocked him to sleep before but now he is far to biggrin so two weeks ago I started lying in bed with him while he goes to sleep I read him a story while he drinks his bottle tonight I sat at the foot of his bed he still went to sleep so perfectly so I would say it works! It's just a slow process!

LegoCaltrops Fri 28-Nov-14 22:00:24

Thank you for the reply - Im really glad to hear this! DD is quite big for her age & it's getting to be something of a trial to carry her up to bed every night (DH has to do that bit as he's much bigger than me). We are really looking forward to getting our evenings back... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now