Talk

Advanced search

Tips for 2 month old naps...

(10 Posts)
squizita Tue 25-Nov-14 12:15:32

My 2 month old dd has just discovered the world a bit more- but she now only wants to sleep at night (I am of course grateful for that!).
Failsafe napping methods eg pram, rocking etc no longer work. She fights daytime sleep so badly!
She's only had 10 or 15 min since 8 am! shock Not for want of trying from me. She's in such a foul mood too.
Burped, clean nappy, fed - so not that.

Any tips or new methods? I haven't left the house in 2 days for various reasons I just need her to nap before I do today!!

squizita Tue 25-Nov-14 12:25:14

... and being on me/sling also no longer Failsafe. confused

nottheOP Tue 25-Nov-14 12:27:26

Have you gone into a dark room with no distractions, put her into a gro bag/swaddle, had a nice cuddle and put her down?

FrogGreen Tue 25-Nov-14 12:31:24

Have you tried white noise?

squizita Tue 25-Nov-14 12:35:10

White and pink noise!

not will try that. Someone suggested a muslin over the moses basket hood to make it dim and boring. The trouble is if she grumbles I rush straight over (not even a cry a grumble!). blush

squizita Tue 25-Nov-14 12:37:23

...I have obvious tried cuddle, blankets and put down. Just nto in the dark as I need to do chores as she naps and kept her in the same room.

nottheOP Tue 25-Nov-14 12:42:04

Nothing is ever obvious squizita

nottheOP Tue 25-Nov-14 12:43:36

Do let her grumble too. Not advocating letting her scream or anything but sometimes a little fuss is okay, letting off steam iyswim, especially when overtired.

We had a big family day when ds was 7 weeks old. He didn't sleep ALL DAY. We ended up going out for a drive where he screamed and then slept. Poor thing was so tired.

squizita Tue 25-Nov-14 13:00:51

Thanks smile I know a little grumbling is ok but I am a right softie.
Taking her to mum and baby this afternoon ...kinda hoping she wastes the weekly subs by flaking out in the car/pram on the way and snoozing throughout! I still get tea and cake out of it lol

Babybaby1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 13:19:03

My LO is 4 months now and we have to wrap him in a blanket, give him a dummy and cuddle him for naps. We can now put him down but not until he's fast asleep. He always wakes after 45 mins too but that seems to refresh him enough, he tends to need a nap after about 1.5 hours awake time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now