Talk

Advanced search

Long night wakings (hours?)

(4 Posts)
Notthefullbushel Mon 24-Nov-14 07:23:12

Dd wakes for hours every night. Used to be 2-4 3-5 am - now 11-1 &3-5 but often up at 4.30/5. She shouts very loudly and cries a little (seconds) for hours until she wakes DS (4 - just started school) and/or one of us caves in. We go in at start/middle of shouting and give her a bottle she takes around 80 mls but doesnt go to sleep. Its awful - im finding it hard to function. have crashed car twice, my auto immune problems have flared up terribly and I find it really hard to not feel angry with her all day. Apart from 3 weeks a month ago she's been like it since 16 weeks and is 7 months. She has self settled for naps since 4 months and has 2-3 naps a day (depending on what time the day starts) she has 3 meals a day but recently has less milk (but nothing's really changed for months anyway so weaning doesn't seem to have affected her sleep) Any ideas please?

HopeNope Mon 24-Nov-14 15:45:44

Does it feel like she may be in pain?

If you are confident she is not in pain, have you tried not letting her nap during the day? Does that make a difference?

QuietNinjaTardis Mon 24-Nov-14 20:53:40

Don't stop her naps! Good daytime sleep helps with nighttime sleep. Have you tried gradual retreat? So sit next to cot but ignore her until she goes to sleep. Once she's falling asleep quicker then move further away, keep on like that until you're out the door. Might take a few weeks but keep at it and be consistent.
Hope you figure it out. Good luck.

HopeNope Mon 24-Nov-14 23:49:43

OP, I'm so sorry, I thought she was 17 months, not 7 months! Definitely don't cut daytime naps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now