Talk

Advanced search

What can I expect tonight?

(5 Posts)
QuietNinjaTardis Sat 22-Nov-14 15:41:27

Ok so dd is a rubbish rubbish sleeper and recently it's been between 5-10 times a night that she wakes and she's bf back to sleep every single time. She's nearly a year old and I'm exhausted so decided enough was enough and last night started sleep training. So decided sitting by her cot so she knew I was there but not feeding was the way to start and have done this at nap times for a couple of days. I'm also lucky in that I know she can self settle already so didn't have that hurdle,
Anyway she woke briefly at 7.55 and I sat down and she conked out again in 5 mins then she didn't wake until 11.50. I was sat next to her cot and comforted her through the bars and talked to her as she was quite cross. She fell asleep within 15 mins and then spent the next hour waking up, grizzling and falling asleep again several times before finally zonking at 1am.
She then woke at 4.30 and Dh sat and sang to her and she was asleep within 5 minutes. Then she was up for the day at 5.30 when I fed her.
So my question is what will tonight be like? Will it get better or will it get worse cos she'll realise it wasn't a one off? I'm kinda dreading it more than last night as I'm imagining it'll be worse. Any helpful stories? Any ideas what could happen? Thanks
Oh and I'm hoping that once she's used to not getting fed at night that we can start a gradual retreat type thing and move away from the cot. Ideally this will lead to her sleeping through but I'm not even dreaming of that one yet.

QuietNinjaTardis Sat 22-Nov-14 16:09:00

Anyone?

QuietNinjaTardis Sat 22-Nov-14 19:13:10

?

Eyespy24 Sat 22-Nov-14 19:17:23

My guess would be better & tomorrow night better still...
Good luck!

summerlovingliz Sat 22-Nov-14 19:38:23

If you can bear it I would be a bit tougher. When she wakes go in and lay her down, tick her in.. No soothing /talking except 'go to sleep' and leave again. Let her cry for 10mins and repeat the process. Will be awful -St couple of nights but by 3rd night you'll see an improvement and by a El she should be much much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now