Talk

Advanced search

Does a good daytime routine help sleeping longer at night?

(3 Posts)
Twinklestar2 Tue 18-Nov-14 19:50:16

I'm trying to get my 14 week old to sleep longer at night. We have no daytime routine apart from me reading his cues when he's tired / roughly doing the 90-minute thing and feeding every 3ish hours.

He goes up for a bath around 6.30, then feeds and then bed.

Should I have more of a set routine during the day? Or is this right for a 14 wk old?

Heatherbell1978 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:40:17

I have pretty much exactly the same routine for my 12 wk old. Naps for 30 mins every 90 mins and eats every 3 hours. I try to follow the EASY routine a bit but it doesn't work that well with his timings but I don't feed him to sleep.

I wish I knew too! We've had days where he's slept loads...usually when I've had him out in his pram, and days where he's only had 3 naps totalling 90 mins.....and neither has had any impact on his sleep at night. We've tried dream feeds, different bedtimes....but he's still waking for food 1/2 times a night. At the moment it's every 3 hours as he's having a growth spurt......

Twinklestar2 Tue 18-Nov-14 21:07:35

Thanks for your reply heatherbell. These babies are hard to figure out aren't they!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now