Talk

Advanced search

Help...6 month old...transition to cot

(5 Posts)
Poolbirthx2 Sun 16-Nov-14 21:52:01

My dd has become too big for her moses basket. I have moved her to her cot and she looks so tiny, she screams and has once banged her head on the side. I really dont know what else to do. I feel like crying with her. Any ideas ?

rootypig Mon 17-Nov-14 05:32:23

They do bang themselves a bit! it's upsetting at first, but you get used to it. Presumably so do they. If you're really worried, look at air wrap bumpers.

Does she have a baby sleeping bag? I think that stops them moving about like mad, and is quite comforting.

Has she moved into her own room too, or still in with you?

Poolbirthx2 Tue 18-Nov-14 23:21:09

Thank you for replying. She is in her own room as no space on our room.

This is the 4th night now of screaming hysterically when put in his cot. If i put in asleep she wakes straight up. I really dont know what to do. Its making me depressed as well as the lack of sleep

LetticeKnollys Tue 18-Nov-14 23:46:01

Yes to the baby sleeping bag, they're cozy for them and they can't squirm around as much. I was also going to suggest a mesh bumper!

Have you tried warming the mattress with a hot water bottle before putting her down asleep? It helped to stop my DS snapping awake like that when put down. I get that the ideal would be to put her down awake but it might help you all to get some sleep for now?

rootypig Wed 19-Nov-14 02:44:34

Does she have her naps in there? transitions and changes in routine are always easier in the day. I would work on getting her to nap there,

Try sleeping with the sheet for a night, the scent of you might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now