Talk

Advanced search

Still waking, nurseries and dealing with DH.

(6 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Fri 14-Nov-14 08:58:12

My 7m/o is still a pretty poor sleeper. Usual sleeping time is 8-8 but he can easily be up 2-3 times during those 12 hours. He is still in the bedroom with me. Sometimes I bring him into he's with me just because how desperate I am for the sleep.

My DH has been in the spare room for as long as I can remember and I miss him sharing a bed with me. Lady night I mentioned we should think about putting DS into his own nursery so DH can return to our room but the more I think about it the more I worry.

The thought of traipsing to the nursery 2-3 times during the night to feed DS does not sound appealing especially as I will have to do it whilst sitting on an uncomfortable chair. I'm not sure I like the idea of my comfort blanket of co-sleeping no longer being available as the thought of trying to get DS to go back to sleep just by rocking him after feeds does not fill me with joy as it can take up to half an hour. I don't want to be doing that 3 times a night. I can't envisage when I'm supposed to sleep.

Also, what about when DH gets up for work or the gym?? Do I really want to be woken by him at 6am when I may not have even got to sleep until 4am after being up and down all night?!

Maybe I'm imagining the worst case scenario.

How do you manage your night time issues? I'm open to any suggestions and solutions.

capsium Fri 14-Nov-14 09:04:42

What about co-sleeping on weekends / days when your DH does not have to get up early?

nottheOP Fri 14-Nov-14 09:08:02

your DS might do better in his own room, not being able to smell you etc. It's worth a shot and if it doesn't go well after a few nights, go back to how you were.

I slept approx 1000 times better without the noisy baby waking me up every time he rolled over.

TheGirlWithTheArabStrap Fri 14-Nov-14 09:13:52

I put a mattress on the nursery floor and DS slept on that. Then if he woke up before I had gone to bed I would lie down and BF him back to sleep and creep out. If he woke up in the early hours of the morning I would go in and BF him lying down and sleep on the mattress. So he was in his own room, but I could still co-sleep when needed. And I could BF lying down which is much comfier and wakes me up less.

badfurday Fri 14-Nov-14 10:04:34

I've just moved my 7 month old into her own room. Wish I'd done it sooner, feel like I have a bit of my life back. My husband was sleeping in their on the sofa bed when he worked and our relationships was non-exsistant!

She sleeps a more deep sleep, but last night she woke every hour confused due to throwing her dummy across the room! We now have 4 dummy's so we don't have to search for them in the middle of the night! It usually gets to about 5am and she is wide awake, I bring her in with us and usually get her to sleep until 6.30.
she doesn't wake for food.

I'm slightly worried how I'll cope in 6 weeks time when I'm back to work hmm

I'd go for it, move her. It has to be done at some point. I'm of the thinking that it will get better. I can survive on little sleep though. Yes it's a pain going through to the other room to feed, or in my case locate a dummy, but it won't last forever, right?! smile

Writerwannabe83 Fri 14-Nov-14 10:15:37

I'm thinking if buying a long bean bag (one you can stretch out on) so I can feed on that. At least if I'm more comfortable it might be more bearable?

I will suggest to DH that perhaps we should start by him just returning to the bedroom on Friday and Saturday nights and he isn't allowed to go the gym on Saturday or Sunday mornings smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now