Talk

Advanced search

Help!! 3.5 yr old and 2.5yr old keep coming into my bed at night. How to stop this?

(5 Posts)
PalaverParty Wed 12-Nov-14 07:27:26

I have a 3 year old and 2 year old who both have their own cots in their own rooms.

Eldest was really good at falling asleep in his cot and sleeping through the night. Last winter however, he was very ill for a couple of weeks and we let him sleep with us but then this soon turned into a habit and he won't fall asleep in his cot. He screams and screams and keeps running back into our room till I give up and let him come in the bed.

Youngest has always coslept due to breastfeeding and he moved out into his own room last year. But as soon as he saw his brother falling asleep in our room,he wanted to join too.

So now what we have is both of them falling asleep on our bed. Then I put them in their rooms and then they wake up in the middle of the night and get back in.

This disrupts mine and DHs sleep and it's so uncomfortable with 4 in a bed. I'm beginning to get back pain too.

Can u suggest ways that will help without screaming tantrums to do the following?
A) falling asleep in own room
B) not coming back into our bed in the middle of the night.

Thanks!

inconceivableme Wed 12-Nov-14 21:37:11

No advice, but empathy and following with interest... Similar situation with my 2 yr old...

sillymillyb Wed 12-Nov-14 21:46:43

Oh dear, I have the same problem!

I bought ds a "big boy bed" and constantly rave about how much I love it, I try and cuddle him in there loads so he associates it with nice stuff, if he wakes up I put him back and try not to talk to him.

I reckon I have a 50% success rate grin

PalaverParty Thu 13-Nov-14 01:50:40

I have just ordered a bed for him but that won't come until over a week yet. confused will post back if this makes a difference.

I'm currently sleeping on the bedroom floor as its just impossible trying to get a devwnt nights sleep!!!!

PalaverParty Thu 13-Nov-14 01:51:09

*decent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now